“The Sagittarius-monitoring system was installed at this facility, it did not work,” TASS quoted him as saying.
Rumyantsev said that the last check of the hostel for compliance with fire safety requirements was carried out in June this year. Seven violations were identified, including in relation to the evacuation exit. Prior to this, fire service specialists also identified violations.
“In 2019, during the inspection, violations were revealed, in connection with this, orders and a warning were issued. In subsequent years, the hostel was investigated. In June 2022, there was the last check, as a result of which orders were also issued to eliminate violations and a warning was issued, ”he said.
Rumyantsev added that one of the reasons for the death of people during the fire was the bars on the windows – they deprived people of the opportunity to escape.
“Because of the bars on the windows, self-evacuation and rescue of people were impossible. In this regard, the bars served as the main cause of death, ”said the acting head of the Moscow Department of the Ministry of Emergencies.
One of the eyewitnesses of the incident told Izvestia how it was during a fire in a hostel, where people were blocked by a window grill. According to him, eyewitnesses had to break it out in order to free people.
On the night of July 29, a fire broke out in a hostel in southern Moscow, killing eight people. According to the emergency services, the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning. Four more, according to investigators, were hospitalized.
The fire broke out on the first floor of a 16-storey building in building 2 of house number 7 on Alma-Atinskaya street. The fire was reported to the Ministry of Emergency Situations on July 28, 2022 at 23:58. The area of the fire was about 150 square meters. m. At 00:47 Moscow time the flame was eliminated.
The metropolitan department of the RF IC opened a criminal case on the grounds of a crime under Part 3 of Art. 238 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (the provision of services that do not meet safety requirements, resulting in the death of two or more persons through negligence).