Home Economy The cases of two more British mercenaries are ready to be transferred...

The cases of two more British mercenaries are ready to be transferred to the court of the DPR

0
The cases of British mercenaries Dylan Healy and Andrew Hill are ready for transfer to the court of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR). This was reported on July 29 by the Donetsk News Agency.

“The question was already in the translation of the indictment, the preparation and transfer of the case to court. All investigative actions have already been carried out, only technical issues remain, ”said the source of the agency.

The British were charged under the article “Mercenary”.

On July 1, it became known that criminal cases were being investigated against Healy and Hill. It was noted that they are charged with the same articles as the three previously sentenced to death British citizens Sean Pinner and Aiden Aslin, as well as the Moroccan Saadun Brahim.

On June 7, a trial of foreign fighters from the Azovstal plant in Mariupol took place in Donetsk. Among the defendants were Pinner, Aslin and Brahim. They were charged with mercenarism and committing crimes aimed at forcibly seizing and holding power, as well as undergoing training in order to carry out terrorist activities on the territory of the DPR. Lawyers for foreigners filed an appeal against the verdict.

In early June, the Russian Defense Ministry announced the number of foreign mercenaries in Ukraine. According to the official representative of the department, Lieutenant General Igor Konashenkov, their number has decreased from 6.6 thousand to 3.5 thousand people. Most of them were destroyed in battle due to poor training and their lack of real combat experience.

On June 16, the head of the DPR, Denis Pushilin, announced that the authorities of the republic would work to identify the presence of high-ranking mercenaries among the nationalists who had surrendered from Azovstal.

At the same time, Vitaly Kiselyov, an assistant to the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR), said that mercenaries from the United States, Great Britain and Poland were in Severodonetsk. He noted a large number of mercenaries from Poland, and also stated that there were about 30-40 Americans fighting on the side of Ukraine in the city.

Russia continues the special operation to protect the Donbass, the beginning of which President Vladimir Putin announced on February 24. The situation in the region escalated in mid-February due to shelling by the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU). Since 2014, the Ukrainian authorities have been fighting against the inhabitants of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, who refused to recognize the results of the coup d’état in Ukraine.

For more up-to-date videos and details about the situation in Donbass, watch the Izvestia TV channel.

Leave a Reply