Mexico will not reduce oil production from July of this year. This was announced on Saturday in the state of Veracruz by the Minister of Energy of the country, Rocio Nale, commenting on the results of the meeting of the OPEC + countries’ ministers earlier in the day in a video conference format.
“Other countries agreed to continue to reduce production during July, but we said we won’t do it,” the El Milenio newspaper quoted the minister as saying on his website.
In April, Mexico agreed to reduce production in May and June by 100 thousand barrels per day. Later that month, Nale indicated that the country would not reduce production between July and December during the second phase of the OPEC + deal concluded at that time.
Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said on Friday that the republic would not go to an additional reduction in production under OPEC +.
Video of the day. Reduced hydrocarbon production extended until July