The shareholders of Rosneft at the annual meeting elected a new composition of the company’s board of directors in the amount of 11 people. It also includes the former head of the Austrian Foreign Ministry Karin Kneissl, whose wedding in 2018 was attended by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The composition of the board of directors:
- Faizal Alsuvaidi – Representative of the Qatar Investments Authority, member of the Board of Trustees of Qatar University;
- Hamad Rashid Al-Mohannadi – Representative of the Qatar Investments Authority, Member of the Board of Trustees of the Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Attiyah International Qatar Foundation for Energy and Sustainable Development;
- Matthias Warnig – executive director of Nord Stream 2 AG (Switzerland), independent director;
- Robert Dudley – Consultant at BP Russian Investments Limited;
- Karin Kneissl – Doctor of Law, former Federal Minister for European Integration and Foreign Affairs of Austria, independent director;
- Bernard Looney – Member of the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer of BP plc;
- Alexander Novak – Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation;
- Maxim Oreshkin – Assistant to the President of the Russian Federation;
- Hans-Jörg Rudloff – Chairman of the Management Board of Marcuard Holding, Independent Director;
- Igor Sechin – Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Management Board of Rosneft;
- Gerhard Schroeder – Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nord Stream 2 AG, Chairman of the Shareholders’ Committee of Nord Stream AG, Independent Director.
Karin Kneissl’s wedding, as already mentioned, took place in August 2018. On his way to Berlin for talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Mr Putin attended the wedding of Karin Kneissl and businessman Wolfgang Meilinger in the south of Styria.
Read more about the visit in the publication of “Kommersant” “Angela Has Not Faded.”