The film “Fast and Furious 9” became the leader of film distribution in Russia and the CIS for the second weekend in a row. For the entire time of distribution, the film almost grossed 1 billion rubles., Reports kinobusiness.com. The seventh and eighth parts of the franchise at the end of the second weekend collected 1.45 billion and 1.3 billion rubles.
Leaders of the film distribution on May 27-30:
- Fast and Furious 9 – RUB 216 million (total – 994 million rubles);
- “Rabbit Peter 2” – 53 million rubles. (RUB 252 million);
- Quiet Place 2 – RUB 53 million;
- Spirit Defiant – 26.5 million rubles. (72 million rubles);
- Demon Slayer: The Endless Train – 25.5 million rubles. (104 million rubles).
Fast and Furious 9 was supposed to be released in 2020. The premiere was postponed several times due to the coronavirus pandemic. According to Kommersant’s information, the film may disappear from large Russian cinemas two weeks after the premiere, because the chains have not agreed with the distributor.
More details about the film – in the material of “Kommersant” “Enough speed for every wise man.”