Home Economy Blinken condemned the attack on the port of Odessa

Blinken condemned the attack on the port of Odessa

0
The responsibility for the attack on the port of Odessa lies with Russia. This was announced on Saturday, July 23, by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken.

“United States [Америки] strongly condemn today’s Russian attack on the port of Odessa,” he wrote on Twitter.

As the Secretary of State noted, this undermines efforts to provide food for the hungry and the credibility of Russia’s commitments regarding the Ukrainian grain export deal.

Earlier in the day, Turkish National Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said Russia had nothing to do with the shelling of the port of Odessa.

The head of the national defense noted that on the eve of his department was in contact with Russia on this issue, and Moscow notified Ankara of its non-involvement in what happened in the port of the Ukrainian city.

On Saturday, local Telegram channels in Odessa reported that rocket attacks had been carried out on an object in the city, as a result of which the seaport allegedly caught fire.

Earlier, on July 21, the official representative of the Russian military department, Igor Konashenkov, said that more than 600 militants, including up to 120 foreign mercenaries, were eliminated as a result of a strike on July 16 with precision-guided weapons at a temporary deployment center for nationalists in the Imperia recreation center in the village of Konstantinovka, Odessa region. .

On February 24, Russia launched a special operation to protect Donbass. The decision was made against the background of the aggravation of the situation in the region as a result of shelling by the Ukrainian military.

For more up-to-date videos and details about the situation in Donbass, watch the Izvestia TV channel.

Leave a Reply