Former coach of the football club (FC) “Rostov” Yuri Semin may no longer return to coaching. This was stated by the ex-forward of FC Lokomotiv Dmitry Bulykin on Saturday, September 25.
In his opinion, Semin thought it over several times before he wrote a letter of resignation. He will probably receive more invitations, but certainly not from the top clubs.
“Here he himself will have to decide whether to continue coaching or not,” Bulykin said in an interview with Gazeta.ru.
“We will not finish yet. Life will show everything, ”the Sport-Express newspaper quotes Semin’s answer to a question about the end of his career.
Earlier on Saturday, it became known about Semin’s departure from the post of coach of “Rostov”. The specialist took over the club on August 4 this year. The contract with the 74-year-old coach was signed for two years after Valery Karpin resigned from his post after being appointed head coach of the Russian national football team.
As Semin himself said, the decision to leave the club was mutual and was discussed with the management of FC Rostov. The coach refused to talk about his future, noting that he was now thinking about the present.
Under the leadership of Semin, “Rostov” played seven matches (three defeats, three draws and one victory). He explained the weak results of the team by the youth of the players and the volatility of the roster.
Semin won gold medals of the Russian championship three times with Lokomotiv and led the club to victory in the Russian Cup six times. He also headed the Russian national team, Dynamo Moscow, Dynamo Kiev and other teams.