The Top Dog FC X bare-fist fighting tournament has finished in Moscow. REN TV showed bright confrontations live. In the main duel of the evening, the infamous Russian fighter Vyacheslav Datsik defeated the Englishman Randy Rendine. Datsik knocked down Rendine, the fighter was ready to continue the fight, but the opposing team threw away the white towel. Among other events of the evening, it is worth noting the victory of Valery Zabotin over “Kazakhstani Bruce Lee” – Adilzhan Sandibekov, and experience in kickboxing fights allowed Naim “Samurai” Davudov to technically outplay a stronger rival in the person of Rustam “Asteroid” Mukhitdinov.
The tournament was held in Moscow, in the picturesque Krylya Sovetov sports palace on Leningradsky Prospekt. The Top Dog promotion has settled there for a long time. The atmosphere at the tournaments is special – the participants fight in a circle lined with hay. Behind the hay – a crowd of spectators, Danila Aleev, who is also a Rugby player, is in charge of the process. “Only!” Aleev shouts into the microphone. “Top Dog !!!” – the audience responds in chorus. It seems that Top Dog is not just a fistfight league, but some kind of cult. That makes it more interesting.
Trash talk and fights outside the circle are not welcome at Top Dog. The press conferences at which scandals are usually fueled in pop MMA promotions are no longer there. Top Dog is the opposite of its rival Hardcore FC. And the competition between the leagues is fierce. Hardcore records several episodes per day, and then publishes them one by one on Youtube. Top Dog has recently started broadcasting its tournaments live, and on Friday made its debut on federal television – on REN TV. The channel shows four main card fights, led by a duel between Datsik and Randyne.
Vyacheslav Datsik fought his fourth fight this year: in February he knocked out Tyson Dijon, in June he beat Dijon on points in a rematch, in August he again won by decision – against Daniyal “T-34” Elbaev, a very prominent personality in pop MMA. Moreover, in a duel with Elbaev, Slava was considered an underdog, but in the end he took all three rounds, showing very aggressive boxing. Yes, all three fights of Datsik were according to the rules of boxing – Red Tarzan on a contract with the Russian Boxing Federation.
In Top Dog, Datsik fought according to the rules of fist fights, but wearing MMA gloves. He was given a rival, poorly known to the Russian public, but very dangerous – the black Briton Randy Randine, nicknamed Kofi King.
Red-haired Tarzan had just started the training process after the fight with Elbaev – before that he was busy with family affairs: his wife Victoria gave birth to a daughter. In August, Slava weighed 120 kg, and before the fight with Randyne showed 130 kg. The Briton won five out of five fist fights, and he looks quite athletic. However, it is difficult to call him a professional fighter. If you google, you can find a profile on vouchedfor.co.uk, which states that he is a financial advisor. However, Kofi King’s Instagram photos are all about sports.
The next one is Emelianenko?
Datsik entered the hall in the image of a medieval war. The fight began very bravely, immediately rushing into the attack. Randyne was stunned by the onslaught. Red-haired Tarzan – sort of, rash-trained – turned on his “collective farms” (as he calls sweeping blows) to the fullest. It all ended with the British squatting down – so that the referee interrupted Vyacheslav’s infernal attack. The fight continued, Datsik probed the opponent with a jab, then thrust a powerful right straight into the jaw, and then rushed to finish off. The referee interrupted the fight again, and a couple of seconds later Randyne’s corners threw a towel into the circle. Datsik’s brutal victory!
– There were rumors that Datsik was detrained, in very bad shape, that he would have problems in this battle. Are they true? – question to Datsik after the fight.
– After the battle with the T-34, I had a rest for two weeks. My beloved still gave free rein to me, I ate and gained weight. Well, now I’m not 118-120 kg, but 130. I left for Turkey to rest – there was no one to spar with. For two weeks I was in a rocking chair, took cans, and my breathing and speed dropped – I just hammered my muscles. Two weeks before the fight, in Nizhny Novgorod, I spread my arms so that speed appeared, and also restored my breathing and did various exercises on rubber. Every day we ran for 3-6 kilometers in the Shchelkovo park.
– Went out to fight angry?
– Yes, they shook me, damn it! They saw and saw me … They say that he [Рэндайн] in England he knocked out everyone – “don’t let me through”, “don’t take on the colgan”, “don’t need to catch blows”, and this is my favorite topic. He’s supposedly a superknocker there. They scared, scared me – hesitated, in short. And as a result, his fists are made of crumb. But we have such crumbs that you can kill. And this one is soft.
– Vladimir Khryunov said that you and him are “hammering the arrow” to Alexander Emelianenko. Is this true, and how much does Khryunov represent your interests in general?
– Yes, the question is not in Vladimir, but in Sasha. Ready or not. He already had to go through a medical examination and sign a contract. He had already come to the federation, but Sasha, as always, did not pass the medical commission, he did not sign the contract. We just talked, discussed, his manager agreed. But while Sasha is gaining shape, preparing, and when he is ready, he will come out against me. I think the manager Emelianenko understands that he is not in the right condition to play him against me. Maybe this year, or at the beginning of the next, our fight will take place.
– In what gloves would you fight with Emelianenko?
– Yes, in general, it makes no difference, even according to Burmese rules – only with Sasha it is possible. Bandages, glue, sea pebbles and more. And also a circle of burning stakes, as in antiquity. This is a good settlement of our dispute, a conflict that has been going on since 2009.
– Is the current Vyacheslav Datsik stronger than the one in the early 2000s?
– Well, I spent 13 years in prison – this is moral hardening. In his youth, he was healthy – he breathed kerosene, now it is necessary to restore it. Then he could run and train for days. Or stay awake for a week, and then go out to a fight with a temperature of 39, have a “eight” in the evening (I mean the “eight” tournament – 1/4 finals, 1/2 finals and the final – Izvestia). This is problematic now. Although now I also went out to battle with a temperature of 37 kopecks – on the drum.
– Pavel Shulsky fought in front of you. Is he interesting to you as a rival?
– Why should we fight with our own? We must beat the enemies.
– And Alexander Emelianenko, it turns out …
– This is the enemy. We have a personal showdown.