Analytical company Canalys has published data on the state of the global smartphone market in the second quarter of this year (available in the editorial office). According to Canalys, Xiaomi has bypassed Apple for the first time.
According to the company:
- South Korean Samsung remained in first place with a share of 19% (growth – 15% compared to the same period last year),
- second place for the first time was taken by the Chinese Xiaomi with a market share of 17% and an annual growth of 83%,
- Apple moved up to third place with 14% of the market and growth of only 1%.
- the fourth place is taken by the Chinese manufacturer Oppo with 10% market share and growth of 28%,
- the fifth place is also taken by the Chinese company Vivo with 10% market share and growth of 27%.