Amazon remained the world’s most valuable brand, according to BrandZ’s Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands annual report (pdf.). The rating has been compiled by the Kantar agency since 2006, it takes into account the financial performance of companies and consumer reviews.
Top 10 expensive brands include:
- Amazon ($ 683.85 billion, up 64% YoY)
- Apple ($ 612 billion, up 74% YoY)
- Google ($ 458 billion, up 42% YoY)
- Microsoft ($ 410.27 billion, an increase of 26% for the year);
- Tencent ($ 240.93 billion, up 60% YoY)
- Facebook ($ 226.74 billion, 54% YoY)
- Alibaba ($ 129.9 billion, 29% YoY)
- Visa ($ 191.285 billion, 2% for the year);
- McDonald’s ($ 154.92 billion, 20% for the year);
- Mastercard ($ 112.88 billion, 4% per year).
The fastest growing brand was Tesla – its value increased by 275% over the year. At the same time, the company took the 47th line of the rating. The second fastest growing value was the service for creating and watching short videos TikTok. Its cost increased by 158% to $ 43,516. The third place in this indicator was taken by the Chinese trading platform Pinduoduo (up 131% to $ 21,732).