The area of the village of Zhelobok in the Donbass has become a new hot spot, the press secretary of the delegation of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) at the Minsk talks Maria Kovshar said. This was reported on September 28 by the RIA Novosti agency.
It is noted that the negotiations of the subgroups of the contact group on Donbass took place on Tuesday in video mode.
“The Zhelobok area, like the Pervomaisk-Zolote area, is already becoming the second hot spot according to the estimates confirmed by the coordinator (from the OSCE – ed.),” Kovshar told reporters.
Earlier in the LPR it was stated that more than half of the shelling of the republic by the Armed Forces of Ukraine falls on the site in the area of the planned to open checkpoint “Pervomaisk-Zolotoe”.
Also, according to the spokesman for the delegation, Ukraine is systematically violating the ceasefire. So, over the past three days, snipers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) killed two employees of the People’s Militia of the LPR.
In turn, the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Valery Zaluzhny, said on Tuesday that the Ukrainian military is not prohibited from opening return fire.
From 00:01 on July 27, 2020, another agreement on a “full and comprehensive ceasefire” entered into force in Donbass, which is still formally in force.
Since 2014, Kiev has been conducting a military operation against the residents of Donbass, who refused to recognize the results of the coup d’etat and the new government in Ukraine. At the same time, Kiev blames Moscow for the current situation. At the same time, Russia has repeatedly stated that it is not a party to the internal Ukrainian conflict.